Phone/Text: 585-967-7707

Representing Immigrants and Their Families

Immigration laws are complicated, resulting in a stressful process for individuals and their families. Cordello Law PLLC can help you navigate the complexities of the laws and understand the options that are available to you.

If you are trying to remain in the United States, trying to gain entrance to the country for yourself or a family member, or are facing any other immigration dilemma, call 585-967-7707 for an initial phone consultation with Justin Cordello Esq. today.

Immigration Practice Areas Include:

The Bill of Rights applies to all people in the United States, regardless of whether they are citizens, noncitizens, visitors here on visas, immigrants, or even illegal immigrants.

Citizenship / Naturalization

Hiring an immigration attorney can help alert you to any potential obstacles to obtaining a Green Card or U.S. Citizenship for yourself or a family member. An attorney can also help you complete the required applications without inaccuracies or incomplete entries that are often the cause of delays or rejections, and explain the full process of citizenship and naturalization.


Determining the right Visa to apply for can be a daunting task for many. With over 200 different Visas available, from Visitor Visas, Student Visas and Fiancé Visas, to Temporary and Permanent Work Visas, it’s crucial you understand the appropriate application for your situation.

If you or a loved one have been denied a Visa, you may be able to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. An immigration attorney can help you determine which waiver is in your best interest, such as a I-601, I-601A, or I-212 waiver, and what steps you should take before and after applying for the waiver, such as whether you can and/or should remain in the country while the waiver is being processed.

An immigration attorney can also assist immigrants that fear or have been subject to persecution in their home country and are seeking Asylum or Refugee Status, or wish to petition for residency or access to the country for dependents or other relatives.

Complex Immigration

Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID)

Immigration applications (for Green Cards, Visas, a change in status, etc.) are sent to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). When your application is being reviewed, USCIS may determine that you have not fulfilled proper status requirements, there are questions with your background check, you haven’t supplied sufficient evidence to support your claims, or any number of similar reasons that may lead to a denial of your application. If you receive a NOID, you will have 30 days to respond; if you don’t respond within that time frame, your application will most likely be denied. However, a NOID can be successfully rebutted – especially with the help of an immigration attorney.

Request for Evidence (RFE)

The USCIS may decide to issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) instead of a NOID, especially if it is determined that information was inadvertently left out of an application or supporting evidence is insufficient. An RFE does not mean that USCIS is preparing to deny an application. However, it is necessary to respond to the request promptly (usually between 30 and 90 days).

You don’t have to respond to an RFE by yourself; an immigration attorney can help ensure you respond with all the required information within the requested time frame to receive the best possible outcome.

Border Issues

Border issues arise when an individual seeking entry into the United States is refused based on any number of reasons, such as insufficient or outdated paperwork, convictions or recent legal issues in the individual’s history. If you encounter problems when seeking entry into the U.S., an immigration attorney can help you understand the border issues and your best course of action.

Call 585-967-7707 today for a phone consultation with Justin Cordello Esq.