Experienced Unpaid Wages Lawyer in Rochester, NY

As an experienced employment lawyer, I understand the importance of fair compensation for your hard work. If you have not been paid the wages you are owed, whether it’s unpaid overtime, minimum wages or other forms of compensation such as tips, bonuses or commissions, I am here to help. I will fight for your rights and work to recover the unpaid wages and any other damages you may be entitled to under the law.

Unpaid Wages Services Offered at Cordello Law

With a specialization in unpaid wages legal services, I am committed to advocating for individuals who have been deprived of their rightful compensation. Leveraging my expertise and extensive experience, I have successfully handled a diverse range of cases, including those involving unpaid wages, minimum wage violations, overtime pay, and wage theft. I am dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring that you receive the wages you are owed.

My services include:

  • Evaluating your claim: I will personally assess the circumstances surrounding your unpaid wage claim, including any instances of minimum wage violations, unpaid overtime, and wage theft. I will help you understand the validity of your claim and the legal protections available to you under laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York Labor Law (NYLL).

  • Defending your rights: I will work tirelessly to uphold your rights as an employee, seeking the most favorable outcome in your case. This involves combating wage theft and advocating for your rightful compensation.

  • Recovering your wages: I will strive to recover the wages you are owed. This may include back pay, damages for lost wages, and in certain cases, penalties that the employer may be required to pay under state and federal laws.

  • Providing guidance and support: I understand that pursuing an unpaid wage claim can be a complex and stressful process. I am committed to providing compassionate support and guidance throughout the legal journey.

If you believe you’ve been denied the wages you’ve earned, don’t hesitate to contact me today to schedule a consultation. I’m here to help you understand your legal options and advocate for your rights as an employee in Rochester, NY.

Important Things You Should Know regarding Unpaid Wage Claims

Unpaid Wage Claims Questions & Answers

In New York, common types of unpaid wages often involve unpaid overtime, where employers fail to pay the required time-and-a-half rate for hours worked over 40 in a workweek. Other instances include minimum wage violations, where employers do not pay the state or federal minimum wage, and situations where employers take a portion of employees’ tips or fail to pay the difference when a tipped employee’s wage falls below the minimum wage. Additionally, unpaid off-the-clock work and unpaid commissions or bonuses can also constitute unpaid wages.


In New York, if your employer has not paid you, you have the right to file a claim with the New York State Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. You can also take the matter to court and sue your employer for unpaid wages. Importantly, you are protected from any form of retaliation by your employer for asserting these rights.


If you’re seeking to pursue unpaid wages from your employer in New York, you can file a wage claim with the New York State Department of Labor. Alternatively, you might consider consulting with an attorney to discuss the possibility of filing a lawsuit in court.


In an unpaid wages claim, you can seek the wages you’re owed, along with interest and potentially penalties. This may include back pay, damages for lost wages, and in certain cases, penalties that the employer may be required to pay under state and federal laws.


In New York, the statute of limitations for filing a wage claim depends on the type of claim. Generally, wage claims must be filed within six years of the alleged violation. However, for claims related to minimum wage or overtime violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), a two-year limit applies, extended to three years for willful violations. It’s important to consult with an attorney to understand the specific time limits that apply to your case.


Cordello Law offers the following services:

Contact me for a consultation